Stanchion Masters® rustic wood grain post and rope barriers are available in a variety of colors and configurations. The post sections come in over a dozen different colors including brown woods, white, oak, walnut, orange, gold, mahogany, cedar, tan, black and gray. These premium faux wood stanchions are suitable for both outdoor and indoor settings. Upscale restaurants, wineries, National Parks, amusement parks, botanical gardens, zoos, 4 and 5 star resorts, hotels and casinos have all utilized these outdoor stanchions to enhance their wood themed décor while serving their main purpose which is crowd control.
STANCHION MASTERS® COLORS AND CONFIGURATIONS
Stanchion Masters® indoor outdoor posts offer a variety of colors and configurations so you can configure post to match your indoor décor or outdoor theme.
POSTS & POST COLOR OPTIONS (SELECT ONE)
You need to know that we offer two different types of posts:
- ALUMINUM: These are 2.5″ x 2.5″ square tubes that are powder coated and then a wood grain sublimation film is baked on. It’s hard to tell they aren’t real wood until you tap on them. We currently offer twelve aluminum post color options.
- WPC: These are 2.75″ x 2.75″ square tubes that are molded of wood plastic composite. The same material as many decks and outdoor furniture are made of these days. We currently offer four WPC colors and will soon offer eight with the final goal of twelve WPC post color options.
POST CAP AND HARDWARE OPTIONS:
Our post caps:
- LOW RISE PYRAMID CAP: Our most popular design
- TALL TAPERED POST CAP: This top is required when purchasing sign holders or ambiance lighting. This option also requires the square rope plate.
- BALL POST CAP: This post cap is available in matte black for the older version 2.5″ x 2.5″ square aluminum tubes ONLY. These may be phased out until we redesign a ball top design that fits our new post design
ROPE CONNECTING HARDWARE:
- SQUARE ROPE PLATES: Allows for connecting stanchion ropes or chain from all four sides. Square rope plates must be used if you choose not to order the hitching post rings (pad eyes) option.
- HITCHING POST RINGS: (Option available for ALUMINUM Posts Only!) These are optional an create an authentic rustic appearance. When you order this option, these are installed two per post on opposite sides. You have the option of combing the hitching post rings with the rope plate or you can choose hitching post rings only or square plate only. NOTE: if you ordered the tapered top post, your post will have the square rope plate.
- ROPE OPTIONS: MORE DETAILS BELOW
BASE & BASE COVER OPTIONS:
Our base options are as follows:
- WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY: This design features our 13.5″ diameter round cast iron two tier base in which only the top tier has a black plastic ABS cover. This is our most popular option which leaves the thin bottom plate of the stanchion base exposed. It also allows for a wheelchair to easily roll over the edge. It presents less of a tripping hazard as well.
MORE DETAILS BELOW
- FULL CIRCUMFERENCE COVER: This $10.00 optional upgrade uses the same 13.5″ diameter round cast iron two tier base but this option utilizes a full circumference black plastic ABS cover that covers the entire base making it appear as on thick single tier base like most other stanchions are. This is an ideal option for wet locations, pool areas or where you are trying to maintain a certain theme by matching stanchions currently in place.
MORE DETAILS BELOW
- CUSTOM COLOR BASE COVER: This design features our 13.5″ diameter round cast iron two tier base in which only the top tier has a cover but instead of black plastic, we will powder coat 304 stainless steel covers to meet your color requirements. MINIMUM ORDER APPLIES!
You also have the option to order these stainless steel covers and paint or powder coat them yourself.
- DECK / SURFACE MOUNT BASE: This flange is designed for our 2.5″ x 2.5″ square aluminum tubes ONLY. This is ideal when you want to add decorative post and rope to a low level or ground level deck, porch or concrete or asphalt surface. IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER that this is for decorative installations only and not to be used as a sturdy railing or barrier on any deck, balcony, porch or surface more than two feet above the ground.
Early versions of the Stanchion Masters® outdoor posts utilized a single tier cast iron base with a plastic cover from 2016 to early 2023. We have transitioned to a round two tier base that will allow you to choose various base cover color options such as antique gold, bronze, satin silver or custom powder coated colors. The new two tier base is also wheel chair friendly. More details below.
“We love these so much that we want to order 6 more!!“
Stanchion Masters® wood like stanchions are built with a powder coated aluminum post and stainless steel hardware to withstand just about anything mother nature can throw at them. Harsh desert sun, frequent rain and knee deep snow have met their match! These rustic beauties will look good in any park, hotel lobby, country store, ranch, amusement park or western themed bar.
The post sections of our rope stanchions are made from highly sustainable aluminum or wood plastic composite depending on your post choice and feature a classic rope design that will transport your guests to a different time and place. The simulated natural wood finish is perfect for locations with a western or wood themed decor, and will complement any existing design elements.
“Stand by for the next order, now all my restaurants want them!”
Whether you’re looking to guide guests through a busy hotel lobby or create a beautiful pathway through a park, our Rustic Wood Rope Stanchions will get the job done. They are durable enough to withstand the elements, and are easy to move and reposition as needed.
Stanchion Masters® stanchions come in a variety of colors and styles to fit your specific needs. Our stanchions are not only functional, but they are also an investment in your property’s aesthetic appeal. We are confident that you will love our Rustic Wood Rope Stanchions as much as we do, and we look forward to helping you enhance your property’s charm and appeal.
- HEIGHT (Square Cap): 38″ High, HEIGHT (Ball Top Finial): 39″ High
- ROPE CONNECTION: 35.25″ above floor
- BASE: 13.5″ Cast Iron Base
- POST: 2.5″ Square Aluminum Post
- WEIGHT: Approximately 25 lbs
- COLOR: A variety of wood posts colors and hardware colors are available to choose from
- SPEC SHEET / DIMENSIONS
- USE: Indoors or Outdoors.
- AVAILABILITY: Call for lead time
- $225.00 each plus shipping, ropes are extra
- Ropes Sold Separately: Recommended “outdoor stanchion ropes” (shown below) are tan/jute polypropylene or black polyethylene ropes up to a maximum of 6 feet in length. Other options are available, especially for indoor use.
- Warranty: 5 Years against Manufacturers Defects
- Handling and Care
WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY DESIGN
Stanchion Masters® two tier dual purpose stanchion bases are wheelchair friendly but you also have the option of ordering an optional full circumference ABS plastic base cover that protects the base plate from feet, heels, wheelchairs and the elements. The full size base cover gives the illusion of a large single tier base that may blend in with your current inventory,
We highly recommend our natural color Pro-manila ropes be use with our wood-like outdoor stanchions. Pro-Manila is a synthetic rope made from polypropylene, which is a man-made fiber. Polypropylene is not as susceptible to rot as natural fibers like abaca, so Pro-Manila will be better in wet conditions than Manila rope. Pro-Manila rope is also more resistant to UV rays and sunlight, so it will last longer in outdoor applications.
Another excellent choice is our black polyethylene rope. Both options are highly durable outdoors and indoors and will outlast most all other stanchion ropes. Especially when combined with our own heavy duty 304 stainless steel hook ends.
WOOD STANCHIONS FOR INDOOR USE
In addition to our own Stanchion Masters® outdoor/Indoor Posts, we offer the Tensabarrier 307 Hitching Post wood stanchions are recommended for indoor use only. Compare to the Stanchion Masters #1401 outdoor stanchion.
HOW ZOOS, PARKS and BOTANICAL GARDENS PUT RUSTIC CROWD CONTROL STANCHIONS TO USE
Here are some ingenious ways zoos, amusement parks, state and National Parks and botanical gardens use rustic crowd control stanchions on their properties:
- To create queuing systems: Rustic crowd control stanchions can be used to create orderly queues for attractions, such as rides, exhibits, and food vendors. This helps to keep people moving and to prevent congestion.
- To separate areas: Rustic crowd control stanchions can be used to separate different areas of a zoo, amusement park, or botanical garden. This can be helpful for keeping people safe, for example, by separating areas where animals are on display from areas where people are walking. It can also be helpful for creating a sense of order and organization.
- To provide security: Rustic crowd control stanchions can be used to create a secure perimeter around sensitive areas, such as animal enclosures or food storage areas. This helps to prevent unauthorized access and to protect people and property.
- To direct traffic: Rustic crowd control stanchions can be used to direct traffic in areas where there is a lot of foot traffic, such as sidewalks, walkways, and parking lots. This helps to keep people safe and to prevent accidents.
- To provide wayfinding: Rustic crowd control stanchions can be used to provide wayfinding information, such as directions, maps, and signs. This can help people to find their way around and to get to their destination.
- To add visual interest: Rustic crowd control stanchions can be used to add visual interest to an area. This can be done by using different colors, materials, and designs. Adding visual interest can help to create a more attractive and inviting environment.
Rustic crowd control stanchions are a versatile tool that can be used in a variety of ways to improve safety, security, and organization in zoos, amusement parks, state and National Parks and botanical gardens. By using rustic crowd control stanchions, these organizations can create a more enjoyable and safe experience for their guests.
HOW HOMEOWNERS USE RUSTIC POST AND ROPE
Here are some ingenious ways homeowners use rustic post and rope stanchions on their properties:
- Waterfront, lakefront and lakeside properties: Rustic post and rope stanchions can be used to create a safe and secure area for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing. They can also be used to mark off areas for boat docks and other watercraft.
- Rural country properties: Rustic post and rope stanchions can be used to create a sense of boundary and privacy on large properties. They can also be used to mark off areas for gardening or other activities.
- Urban areas: Rustic post and rope stanchions can be used to create a more organized and visually appealing space on porches or decks. They can also be used to direct traffic and to prevent accidents.
In addition to these uses, rustic post and rope stanchions can also be used for a variety of other purposes, such as:
- Creating a designated smoking area
- Marking off a pet-friendly area
- Providing a safe place for children to play
- Creating a more festive atmosphere for parties or events
Rustic post and rope stanchions are a versatile and affordable way to improve the safety, security, and organization of your property. They can be used for a variety of purposes, and they can be customized to match your style and needs.